The cost of CCTV drain surveys, varies between different contractors. However, the overall cost is largely determined by the time required to complete the survey – typically a CCTV drain survey costs in the region of £80-£100 per hour.
As you would expect, the CCTV drain survey cost is typically greater for larger houses, due to the additional time required to survey the larger drain system.
Time required to complete the CCTV drain Survey
The time required to complete the CCTV drain survey varies from house to house due to the length, layout, and condition of the drainage system. The three main factors that influence the time required, and cost, of a CCTV drain survey:
- House/building size – in most cases larger houses require, additional time to survey due to the increased length of the drainage system. The time required to complete a CCTV survey for large industrial premises, will be significantly greater than that required for a 2-3 bedroom house.
- Drain layout – in some cases the drain layout may be more complex, increasing the time required to complete the survey.
- Condition of drainage system – if the drainage system is in poor condition (increased levels of fatty deposits, pipe scale etc), this may make the survey harder to complete.
As well as the time required to complete the CCTV survey, it’s recommended that the drainage system is washed through thouroughly using drain jetting (also known as high pressure water jetting/Jet washing) prior to any CCTV drain survey. Typically, this will add around 1 hour onto the time required of the CCTV, depending on the length and condition of the drainage system.
How much does a CCTV Drain Survey Cost?
The table below shows approximate costs for a full CCTV drain survey (including jet washing), based on house size.
CCTV Drain survey quotes
In order to get the best price for your CCTV drain survey, it’s important to get quotes from more than one contractor. Most contractors will be happy to provide you with a free no obligation quote, before you decide whether to go ahead with the survey.
Before proceeding with any survey, always check that everything is included within the quotation. Whilst the CCTV drain survey cost may sometimes increase slightly beyond the initial quote, due to additional time required, it’s important to check that certain key things are included within the price:
- Has drain jetting (high pressure water jetting/Jet washing) been included in the quote? – In most cases it’s recommended that drains are Jet washed prior to completing a CCTV drain survey. Check with the contractor that this has been included in the price.
- Has VAT been included in the quoted price?
- Check what is included within the report – some contractors may charge extra amounts for a DVD of the footage, or CAD drawing. A full CCTV drain survey would normally include: 1) a full written (and email) report detailing the condition of the drainage system along with recommendations for any problems/potential issues; 2) CAD drawing showing layout, locations, components, diameter etc; 3) DVD footage, or access to a downloadable copy of the CCTV footage; 4) Key Images from survey.